Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Montreal Jazz Fest: La Maison du Festival

Exciting news! Montreal has a brand new concert venue and it's got some serious soul! I was there last night, for the very anticipated inauguration of La Maison du Festival and its intimate cabaret-style venue, L'Astral.

Legendary pianist Oliver Jones and the singer he calls "the most-underrated jazz singer in North-America", Ranee Lee, made history last night as they were the first artists to perform on a stage that will soon embrace the biggest names of jazz music.

I am really excited, as I was sitting there, sipping on my white wine, I felt overwhelemed with a groovy feeling worthy of a 1920s Chicago jazz club.

No need to say, La Maison du Jazz is going to be my second home and "chouchou" hangspot.

Montreal's famous pianist, Oliver Jones hits the stage with band

The venue: L'astral


Oliver Jones on the Piano

First song performed at L'Astral. Beautiful Love by Ranee Lee


Singer Ranee Lee


La Maison du Festival's bistro, Le Balmoral, nice!



The chandeliers in Balmoral

No comments:

Post a Comment