Monday, July 6, 2009

Femi Kuti at Montreal Jazz Festival

After only 30 minutes on stage, Femi Kuti had made me reflect, laugh, dance, and forget.

After only 30 minutes, he had also played the piano, the saxophone, the trumpet and the clarinet. I looked at him and imagined Miles and Coltrane... whose names he didn't forget to evoke.

So far, one of the highlights of my 2009 Montreal Jazz Festival.

Conclusion? African people know how to throw a party. Here are a few of my pics.































1 comment:

  1. I feel you Lady Pepin. Like father, like son... I saw him live a couple of years ago at the MJF and yes, went also through all the emotions you evoked. I had that kind of happiness after a show when I went to see Antibalas, The Roots decades ago & Gotan Project. Now, what is your next show?

    ReplyDelete