Sunday, March 7, 2010

Anonymous

Everywhere I go, there's people.
If I look at them, they look at my shoes.
I don't know what's going on.
I keep asking myself, do I have on really weird shoes?
are they abnormally beautiful? ugly?somehow alien?
It's not just one person who's interested in them.
it's almost everyone who sees me.
I go on the subway and look around.
I want to see someone like me. I want to see someone different than me.
i want to see someone and say something,
or just look or smile, or laugh.
I want to touch someone's hair.
I want to kiss their cheek and say hello.
maybe they would take my elbow and squeeze it lightly.
they might say they are happy to see me. just because: why not?
I am happy to see them but they want to look at my shoes.
I want to take off my shoes.
I do and then they don't look at me at all.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment